FAHEDI is a non-profit, voluntary, non-governmental health care and development organization that became fully operational in 1998. The organization focuses on health, development and support needs of individuals, families at different stages of development at the community level in Nigeria. A team of health and social service professionals, support service workers and volunteers provides services. The organization engages in operational research promoting education, skill acquisitions and communication programmes aimed at encouraging the analyses of several aspects of our lives, health systems, culture, government, policies with a view to determining their consequences for achievement of quality health and development of the individual, the family and our communities. We work to promote those cultures, lifestyles, policies and services that have positive consequences for family health and development and also educate to change those that have negative consequence for individual and family health as well as community development. We are registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, with the Ministry of Women’s Affairs, Abuja and with the Osun State government..
FAHEDI is committed to upholding and ensuring that these values guide our day to day work:
- Partnership and networking: FAHEDI recognizes the value and strength of partnership and networking. We will seek to network and partner with people and organization(s) that share our values, goals and objectives.
- Integrity, transparency and accountability. FAHEDI is committed to being accountable at all levels for the effectiveness of the organization actions and openness in the judgments and communication with others. We appreciate the trust of our donors, partners and the public thus we will strive to maintain the highest standards of integrity, accountability and transparency.
- Team Work and Self Esteem:We are committed to work as a team to actualize the vision and mission of our organization. We will also promote the self-esteem of our staff and encourage collaboration on projects.
- Mutual Respect:FAHEDI will recognize the worth of all people and the values of diversity.
- Gender equity and justice: FAHEDIbelieves and will ensure equal opportunities to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.
- Learning and Leadership:We shall strive to be a learning organization in which all staff are continuously
- Humility in presentation and behavior,recognizing that the organization is part of a wider network against poverty.
- Result Oriented: We are committed to achieving results in our work.